This Sugar free desserts is very popular sweet dish in India and its called Khajur mithai or Dates roll. Date Roll is a healthy dessert for diabetic people or people with glucose intolerance. It has no chemicals , so its organic dessert and it is very nutritive at the same time. Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Kids love its taste and so its a healthy snack for kids.If you have obesity problems, dates are good for loosing weight.
You can buy dates at the wholefood market.
500 gms Fresh Dates
300 gms crushed nuts ( cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios etc.)
100 gms Coconut powder.
1. Pint the dates and grind them in a food processor till it forms a dough like texture.
2.Take the dates dough and mix it with the crushed nuts.
3. Once it has been mixed well give it a 1.5 inch diameter log shape.
4. Roll the log in coconut powder and then cover it with aluminum foil.
5. Freeze for atleast 4 hrs.
6. Take the log out of the freezer 15mins before serving.
7. Cut pieces of 1 cm thick.
Advantages : Quick Recipe, Healthy dessert, Sugarfree desserts, Weight Control, Great Snack.
This is one of my favorite desserts.
Written by — AJ